Traditionally, bypass diodes can only be inspected for good working condition at night or when power is not being generated by the solar panels in order to verify that any applied current is guided past the solar cells. With the FT4310 Bypass Diode Tester, you can detect for open faults even when the sun is out without covering the panels. Also test for short-circuit faults and cell string losses.
- Inspect solar panel bypass diodes for opens and shorts in broad daylight without covering panels
- Test for bypass diode open faults and other malfunctions using the strings in junction boxes
- Save time – simultaneously measure all electrical parameters
- Automatically transfer data with Bluetooth (R) wireless technology
- Be alerted to faults with an audible warning and by the instrument’s backlight
- High-precision voltmeter ideal for detecting short-circuit faults
- Convenient accessories
- Test for open or short-circuit bypass diodes even during the day*1
- Easily test using the strings in the junction boxes*2
- Save time – simultaneously measure all electrical parameters*3
- Automatically transfer data wirelessly (Available for Android and iOS devices*4)
*1 Testing can also be performed at night. Testing for short-circuit faults can only be performed during the day.
*2 There is no need to climb onto the roof and dramatically improving work efficiency.
*3 Measure open-circuit voltage, short-circuit current, and bypass route resistance and display all three values at once.
*4 Automatically transfer data with Bluetooth® wireless technology
Data can be downloaded to tablets and smartphones using Hioki’s dedicated apps (“GENNECT Cross”) available from the Google Play or App Store.
BPD TEST mode
|Measurement items||Bypass diode comparator judgment, Bypass route resistor, Open-circuit voltage, Short-circuit current, Measurement (applied) current|
|Measurement object||Crystal system string
Open-circuit voltage: 1000 V DC or less, Rated current: 2 A to 12 A DC
|Measurement method||Short-circuit and pulse voltage application|
|Measurement accuracy||Open-circuit voltage: ±0.2% rdg. ±3 dgt. (at 0 to ±1000 V)
Short-circuit current: ±3% rdg. ±3 dgt. (at 0.0 to 15.0 A)
Bypass route resistance: ±5% rdg. ±5 dgt. (at 0.0 to 15.0 Ω,
During pure resistance measurement)
|Measurement time||2 s or less (3 seconds or less when measurement voltage is 10 V or less)|
|Possible number of measurements||3000 times (Comparator, backlight, Bluetooth® OFF)
LR6 Alkaline battery × 6
|Measurement items||Open-circuit voltage|
|Measurement range||0 V to 1000 V DC (Displayed up to 1200 V DC), Accuracy: ±0.2% rdg. ±3 dgt.|
|Response time||Within 1 sec.|
|Dustproof and waterproof||IP40 (EN60529)|
|Functions||Displays the number of bypass diode measurements, Automatic polarity judgment function, Comparison display, Auto hold, Live circuit indicator, Buzzer sounds, Backlight, Comparator, Battery indicator, Auto power off, Bluetooth® Smart|
|Interface||Bluetooth® 4.0LE, Supports devices: iOS, Android TM smartphone/ tablet|
|Power supply||LR6 (AA) alkaline battery×6, Maximum rated power 18 VA
Continuous operating time: 45 hours (Comparator, backlight, Bluetooth® OFF)
|Dimensions and mass||152W×92H×69D mm (5.98 W × 3.62 H × 2.72 D in)
650 g (22.9 oz) (including batteries, excluding test leads)